User Level Qualifications
Some of the assessment products in our online catalogue are restricted for purchase and use by appropriately qualified Professionals. To purchase tests at B or C level the purchaser must be registered with Pro-Ed Australia at an appropriate level before any testing materials will be supplied. This applies to government departments as well as private entities.
If you are a new customer of Pro-Ed Australia and don’t have a customer account registered with us yet, you can do so via the MY ACCOUNT / My Account section at the footer of the home page.
Upon registration, Pro-Ed Australia will assign qualified professionals with a User Level to enable online purchasing of equivalent assessments. Please allow 1-2 working days for processing of your registration. Registering upon this website will speed the process. With Ocupational Therapists, Physiotherapists and Psychologists we are able to confirm certification by cross-referencing name and location with the AHPRA website.
You can also view your User Level when logged in under the ‘My Details’ page.
The following qualification levels are described below:
QUALIFICATION LEVEL A:
There are no special qualifications to purchase these products.
QUALIFICATION LEVEL B:
Tests may be purchased by individuals with:
- A specialised degree in psychology, speech pathology, education, occupational therapy, social work, counselling, or a field closely related to the intended use of the assessment, and formal training in the ethical administration, scoring, and interpretation of clinical assessments. For instance Special Ed Teachers, Occupational Therapists, Speech Therapists.OR
- Psychiatrists, Paediatricians, Registered Psychologists, or 4 year Psychology graduates undergoing supervision. Provisionally registered psychologists will be required to submit their supervisor’s registration details. OR
- Certification by, or full active membership in, a professional organization (such as APS, SPA) that requires training and experience in the relevant area of assessment. OR
- A degree or license to practice in the health-care or allied healthcare field. OR
- Formal, supervised mental health, speech–language, occupational therapy, social work, counselling, and/or educational training specific to assessing children, or in infant and child development, and formal training in the ethical administration, scoring, and interpretation of clinical assessments.
Level B users will be able to purchase assessments indicated Level A and Level B.
QUALIFICATION LEVEL C:
Tests with a C qualification require a high level of expertise in test interpretation and can be purchased by:
- Registered Psychologists with post-graduate training in Psychology. Registered Psychologists without post-graduate training may qualify if they produce evidence of attendance at suitable training programs in specific test administration and interpretation. OR
- by individuals with a doctorate in psychology, education, or a closely related field with formal training in the ethical administration, scoring, and interpretation of clinical assessments related to the intended use of the assessment. OR
- State licensure or certification to practice in a field related to the purchase.
Level C users will be able to purchase assessments from all qualification levels.