Fifty games in one big book give you lots of teaching options:
- reinforce many different skills
- games at two difficulty levels for each skill
- use the games for therapy, learning centers, and take-home activities
- goal-driven stimuli for two to three players
- many of the game boards can be customized with your own stimulus items
Creative game themes like Creature Features, Pile It On!, and Storm the Castle keep students engaged in learning grammar. Teach these grammar skills:
- Subject/Verb Identification
- Regular and Irregular Plurals
- Possessive Nouns
- Subjective, Objective, and Possessive Pronouns
- Noun Verb Agreement (is/are, has/have, was/were)
- Wh- and Interrogative Reversal Questions
- Present Tense, Past Tense, and Future Tense Verbs (regular and irregular)
You will need different-colored game tokens, dice, and game chips to play the games. Distribute the games as printed, or color and laminate them for future use.
Copyright © 2003
Your products are extremely well written and give great results. I'm teaching ESL children who are having great difficulty with grammar. I know these curricula will benefit my students.
Nancy A. Harrington-Davis, Teacher
- Grammar, discourse structure, and metalinguistics are all connected to reading achievement and are required for text comprehension (ASHA, 2001).
- Speech-language pathologists (SLPs) should scaffold their instruction of syntactic structure to help students express complex thoughts coherently (Nippold, Mansfield, & Billow, 2007).
- Children with language disorders often struggle with expository text and produce shorter and grammatically simpler sentences (Nippold, Mansfield, & Billow, 2007).
- Special educators, including SLPs, need to engage children in language arts activities that are non-threatening and appealing in order to facilitate student motivation (Sanacore, 2005).
- A study by Feng and Powers (2005) found that grammatical mini-lessons targeting students' error patterns resulted in improved short- and long-term accuracy.
50 Quick-Play Grammar Games incorporates these principles and is also based on expert professional practice.