50 Quick-Play Grammar Games
Develop correct grammar with group interaction in 50 fun games! The games cover a broad scope of grammar skills and are easy to set up and play.
- Correctly use plurals, pronouns, prepositions, and verb tenses
- Feel confident about using grammatically correct speech
50 Quick-Play Grammar Games requires minimal set-up time and targets the key grammar skills your students need. Plus, these games are motivational, engaging, and just plain FUN!
Fifty games in one big book give you lots of teaching options:
- reinforce many different skills
- games at two difficulty levels for each skill
- use the games for therapy, learning centers, and take-home activities
- goal-driven stimuli for two to three players
- many of the game boards can be customized with your own stimulus items
Creative game themes like Creature Features, Pile It On!, and Storm the Castle keep students engaged in learning grammar. Teach these grammar skills:
- Subject/Verb Identification
- Regular and Irregular Plurals
- Possessive Nouns
- Subjective, Objective, and Possessive Pronouns
- Noun Verb Agreement (is/are, has/have, was/were)
- Wh- and Interrogative Reversal Questions
- Present Tense, Past Tense, and Future Tense Verbs (regular and irregular)
You will need different-coloured game tokens, dice, and game chips to play the games. Distribute the games as printed, or colour and laminate them for future use.
Educational board games are often expensive and sometimes limited in scope. School materials budgets aren't getting any more generous and value is an important consideration when making a purchase for the classroom or therapy setting. The goal in writing this book is to provide educators with a wide variety of game types in many different skill areas for a reasonable price. These games can be used exactly as they are printed (some photocopying may be required), or you can photocopy the boards, colour them, laminate them, and store them in file folders for repeated use. These games make great additions to learning centres or as take-home activities. As with any tool, every professional who picks up this book will use it differently.
50 Quick-Play Grammar Games is designed to reinforce a variety of basic grammar skills. At least two games are included for each skill in the book, and two different skill levels are addressed within each skill area. For example, the first game in the Subject/Verb Identification section addresses very basic skills appropriate for early elementary students. The next Subject/Verb game requires students to use slightly more advanced skills and would be appropriate for use with middle elementary students.
I hope you and your students enjoy playing the games in this book, and that your time together not only results in increased grammar skills for your students but also in positive social interactions for everyone involved.
Copyright © 2003