Assessment of Communication Disorders in Adults: Resources and Protocols, Second Edition offers a unique combination of scholarly information, invaluable resources, and time-saving protocols on assessment of communication disorders in adults.
Most resource books offer limited research and scholarly information, thus making them unsuitable as textbooks for academic courses on assessment and diagnosis. Similarly, most traditional textbooks do not include practical, easy-to-use, and time-saving resources and protocols that the practicing clinicians can readily use during assessment sessions. By combining the strengths of traditional textbooks with newer assessment resources and protocols, this one-of-a-kind book offers a single, comprehensive source that is suitable as a textbook and useful as a practical clinical resource.
This bestselling and trusted text:
- Covers the full range of communication disorders in adults, from aphasia to voice disorders
- Gives a comprehensive outline of basic assessment procedures
- Provides a set of protocols that are necessary to assess any communication disorder in adults
- Addresses the multicultural issues in assessing communication disorders in adults and offers an integrated assessment approach that includes the most desirable features of the traditional and several alternative approaches
- Contains two chapters for each disorder: one on resources that offers scholarly and research background on the disorder and one on resources that describe practical procedures and protocols that save preparation time and effort for the clinician
New to the Second Edition:
- A PluralPlus companion website allows clinicians to view, modify, and print the assessment protocols for their personal use
- All Resources chapters reflect current research and assessment principles and procedures
- Updated listings and descriptions of published, standardized tests that are commonly used in the assessment of communication disorders in adults are provided
- Revisions of several assessment procedures and protocols, based on recent research, are included
- Revised and expanded descriptions of many adult communication disorders are provided
- Each chapter contains a summary and sample study questions
RELATED BOOK ON CHILDREN
This book is a companion volume to Assessment of Communication Disorders in Children. These two volumes offer a comprehensive set of resources and protocols to assess the entire range of communication disorders in all age groups.
- Details: 496 pages, Illustrated (B/W), Softcover, 8.5 x 11"
- Included Media: Companion Website
- ISBN13: 978-1-59756-983-5
- Release Date: 30/12/2016