Autism and PDD: Adolescent Social Skills Lessons Health and Hygiene Book
The book has 40 ready-to-use, one-page stories. Customize the stories by adding student-specific information, editing the text, and using a photograph in place of the generic picture in the book. Each sentence in the story is supported by one or more pictures.
The book has instructional and behavioral lessons. The instructional lessons are intended to teach adolescents healthy habits (e.g., Using Deoderant) and what they need to do or say in social situations that are sometimes overwhelming (e.g., What Can I Do About Acne?). Use these instructional lessons as part of a social skills curriculum with small groups. The behavioral lessons target specific social problems that need to be stopped (e.g., Overeating). Use these lessons with an individual. You choose the order in which to present the lessons. Then, document progress with the Record of Progress and tracking forms.
The lessons are organized by these topics:
- Healthy Habits—Eating Slowly, Scabs, Alcoholic Beverages, and more
- Health Care—Other People's Medicine, The Dentist, The Gynecologist, and more
- Puberty—Developing Breasts, Hair on Legs and Underarms, My Changing Body (Boys), and more
- Grooming—Shampooing Hair, Shower, Wearing Different Clothes, and more
Extra helps include:
- picture index
- behavior tracking forms and examples
- behavior analysis forms and examples
- progress recording forms and examples
- tracking forms for lessons
You may purchase Autism & PDD Adolescent Social Skills Lessons Health & Hygiene only as part of a 5-book set.
The 5-book set consists of:
Autism & PDD Adolescent Social Skills Lessons Health & Hygiene
Autism & PDD Adolescent Social Skills Lessons Interacting
Autism & PDD Adolescent Social Skills Lessons Managing Behavior
Autism & PDD Adolescent Social Skills Lessons Secondary Schools
Autism & PDD Adolescent Social Skills Lessons Vocational
Copyright © 2001