Clinical Research in Communication Disorders
Principles and Strategies
- Details: 600 pages, Illustrated (B/W), Softcover, 7 x 10"
- Included Media: Companion Website
- ISBN13: 978-1-63550-187-2
- Release Date: 01/06/2019
This thoroughly updated fourth edition of Clinical Research in Communication Disorders: Principles and Strategies remains an instrumental resource for courses on research methods and design in communication disorders.
The book is separated into three key sections: science and the scientific methods, clinical research designs, and doing, reporting, and evaluating research. Together, these sections provide thorough coverage of both the single-subject and group design strategies along with issues of measurement; philosophy of science; ethics of research; and planning, conducting, and reporting research.
Instructors and students in communication sciences and disorders will appreciate the texts comprehensive coverage of scientific methods, group and single-subject research designs, report writing, and ethics of research in a single source.
New to the Fourth Edition
- New coauthor, Anthony P. Salvatore, PhD
- A new chapter on statistical analysis of research data, including several statistical techniques for single-subject research data, meta-analysis of both group and single-subject studies
- Updated criteria for visual analysis of single-subject research data
- New sections on translational research, qualitative research, and mixed methods research
- Descriptions of additional research designs not included in the previous edition (e.g., the regression discontinuity design)
- Updated information on research ethics and review of fraudulent biomedical research
- Web-based sources that monitor research fraud and recalled studies
- Updated and expanded references throughout
- Chapter outlines open each chapter and provide a summary of the key topics
- Chapter summaries recap key points in an easy-to-read bulleted format
- End-of-chapter study guides allow readers to test their knowledge
- Bolded key terms throughout
- Access to a PluralPlus Companion Website with PowerPoint lecture slides for each chapter