Cognitive Communication Disorders, now in its second edition, is the definitive core text for graduate courses that address cognitively based communicative disorders. This text provides up-to-date knowledge on the normal cognitive processes that support communication, cognitive linguistic communication disorders, clinical management, as well as the impact that deficits in these cognitive domains may have on language and communication - including right hemisphere disorders, Alzheimer disease and related disorders, and traumatic brain injury. Furthermore, through contributions from a renowned group of contributors, this text provides a comprehensive review of theoretical and applied research on the cognitive processes of attention, memory, and executive function.
For this second edition, the content has been extensively revised and updated to reflect the burgeoning research in this area of study.
Specific updates include:
- A new chapter on mild brain injury
- Expansion of the dementia chapter to include content on clinical intervention and working with families
- Updates to evidence-based practices for patients suffering from traumatic brain injury.
- Details: 320 pages, Illustrated (B/W), Softcover, 7 x 10"
- ISBN13: 978-1-59756-548-6
- Release Date: 10/11/2014