A Coursebook on Scientific and Professional Writing for Speech-Language Pathology, Fifth Edition is a unique interactive resource for teaching and learning the writing skills necessary for a clinical or research career in speech-language pathology. Both clinical supervisors and academic course instructors may use this book to teach scientific and professional writing skills.
The Coursebook offers a unique organization, not found in any book on writing skills. It is a book that not only describes the principles of good writing, but also offers opportunities to practice writing skills, looking at multiple exemplars provided. Most left-hand pages show specific examples of general, scientific, or professional writing and the corresponding right-hand pages allow the student to practice writing. Students who memorize the rules of grammar will not write well unless they themselves write. The Coursebook provides incorrect exemplars they can rewrite or write correctly on the right-hand pages. The book provides abundant examples of correct writing, based on the most recent edition of the Publication Manual of the American Psychological Association.
The Coursebook is ideal for dedicated courses on scientific and professional writing and can also be used in courses on assessment and diagnosis or research methods and introduction to graduate studies.
New to the Fifth Edition:
- Incorporates APA 6th edition changes to reference citations and preparation of the reference list
- Electronic preparation of manuscripts, revision in light of copyeditors comments, and response to copyeditors queries are in line with current publishing industry standards
- The topic of electronic submission of convention and conference proposals is updated
- New reference examples of electronic sources of information included
- The professional writing section reflects current clinical terminology in speech-language pathology
- Details: 456 pages, Illustrated (B/W), Spiral Bound, 8.5 x 11"
- ISBN13: 978-1-94488-308-9
- Release Date: 06/09/2017