Easy Does It® for Articulation A Language Approach
Written in the popular format of the Easy Does It series, this program has:
- detailed explanations of therapy techniques
- systematic lesson plans
- clear goals and objectives
- student practice activities and materials
- take-home activities
The activities target articulation of r, s, th, l, sh, and ch. Language skills are reinforced with content in:
- academic areas (e.g., math, science, geography)
- narrative text
- expository ext
The Therapy Manual provides goals and objectives and specific directions for activities. The Materials Book has 176 pages of corresponding student activities. Copy the student activity pages or print them from the FREE CD. Lesson topics such as Mummies, Music Careers, Recycling, The Gold Rush, and Equality keep students engaged. Learning formats vary from easy science experiments to taking opinion polls and using play money.
There are three types of activities:
- Controlled Carryover—Students practice activities in the therapy room and in another school setting with the SLP. The activities are also appropriate for students practicing correct sound production at the word and sentence levels.
- General Carryover at School—Students practice activities in the therapy room and in another school setting with the SLP. Then, the students practice the activities with other personnel in the school setting.
- General Carryover at Home—Students practice activities in the therapy room, then in another school setting, and finally independently in the home setting.
Extra helps include:
- family letter
- school personnel letter
- instructional sheets for family members and school personnel
- reproducible word, phrase, and sentence lists
Copyright © 2004