Fluharty Preschool Speech and Language Screening Test (FLUHARTY-2)
Nancy Buono Fluharty
· Ages: 3-0 through 6-11 Years
· Testing Time: 10 minutes
· Administration: Individual
The Fluharty Preschool Speech and Language Screening Test-Second Edition (Fluharty-2) contains five subtests: Articulation, Repeating Sentences, Responding to Directives and Answering Questions, and Describing Actions and Sequencing Events. Scores reflect performance in articulation, receptive language, expressive language, and composite language. The Fluharty-2 provides rapid identification of those preschool children for whom a complete speech and language evaluation is recommended. The Fluharty-2 is a complete revision, normed on 705 children in 21 U.S. states. Sample populations represent the geographical distribution of the United States in 1998 and projected figures for 2000.
Features of this major revision include:
· The Fluharty-2 is easy to administer quickly and is appealing to children.
· The Fluharty-2 provides standard scores (M = 100, SD = 15) and percentiles for subtests and composites. There are age equivalents for the composites.
· The kit contains all necessary manipulatives.
· There is space on the record form for noting phonological process errors, voice quality, and fluency.
· Teacher Questionnaires allow for collaboration when assessing children in school populations.
· The Fluharty-2 is a norm-referenced screening test designed and thoroughly analysed to provide "good" statistical information.
· The theoretical model for the Fluharty-2 follows current language development information.