Details: 220 pages, B&W, Softcover, 7" x 10"
Release Date: 13/03/2019
The Hearing Aid Dispensing Training Manual, Second Edition remains a vital resource for individuals studying for their state practical licensing examination in hearing aid dispensing.
The manual focuses on competency for the practical sections of the examination, preparing individuals for the exam, but also for day-to-day operations in the professional environment. Separated into four modules, the book covers the main competencies of most state practical examinations: audiometric assessment, ear impressions, hearing instrument fitting, and hearing instrument care and follow-up.
The competency modules are divided into chapters related to the concept of the module. Each chapter begins with objectives and terms with definitions to help orient the reader to the topic. Each module concludes with a "Putting It All Together" section, tying together the concepts of the module with practical activities and allowing the individual to perform the competency as they would for the licensing examination. The section is followed by module quiz questions that allow the reader to increase comprehension and test their knowledge.
New to the Second Edition
- Two new chapters on Infection Control and Tympanometry
- Module quizzes to check reader understanding for each major section
- A glossary of terms with definitions
- Additional appendices, including "cheat sheets" with quick information on important topics, an abbreviations chart, and answers to module quiz questions
- Access to online supplemental materials and additional quiz questions for each module on a PluralPlus companion website