Monitoring Basic Skills Progress: Basic Math Kit (MBSP)
· Ages: Grades 1-6
· Testing Time: Varies
· Administration: Individual or Group
The Monitoring Basic Skills Progress (MBSP) Blackline Masters are a researched-based standardised set of measurement and evaluation procedures. They provide a method to focus intensively on the math progress of individual students who have identified learning problems and to evaluate formatively and improve those student’s programs.
Teachers use a curriculum-based measurement (CBM) to monitor student progress in mathematics over the course of a school year. This booklet provides test descriptions, direction for test administration, scoring directions, technical data about the tests, and answer keys. The kit is broken down into two major domains in mathematics:
Grades 1 through 6; contains a set of 30 reproducible tests for each grade level; each test contains 25 basic problems.
· Grade 1 – Addition and subtraction
· Grade 2 – More complex addition and subtraction
· Grade 3 – Addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division
· Grade 4 and Grade 5 – Fractions and decimals with addition and subtraction
· Grade 6 – Fractions and decimals with multiplication and division
MBSP CONCEPTS AND APPLICATIONS
Grades 2 through 6; contains a set of 18-25 reproducible tests for each grade level; level of difficulty gradually increases with each grade level.
· Grade 2 and Grade 3 – 18 problems per test; 24 problems per test. Counting; Number Concepts; Name of Numbers; Measurement; Money; Charts and Graphs; Fractions; Decimals; Applied Computations; and Word problems.
· Grade 4 – 24 problems per test. Number Concepts; Name of Numbers and Vocabulary; Measurement; Grid Reading; Charts and Graphs; Area and Perimeter; Fractions; Decimals; and Word Problems
· Grade 5 – 23 problems per test. Numeration; Money; Measurement; Geometry; Charts and Graphs; Fractions and Factors; Decimals; Applied Computation; and Word Problems
· Grade 6 – 25 problems per test. Numeration; Applied Computation; Measurement; Geometry; Percentages; Charts and Graphs; Word Problems; Ratios and Probability; Proportions; and Variables.
COMPLETE MBSP KIT INCLUDES: MBSP Basic Math Computation Blackline Masters-2E, MBSP Basic Math Concepts and Applications Blackline Masters-2E, and a Manual.