- Details: Illustrated (B/W), Softcover, 8.5 x 11"
- ISBN13: 978-1-63550-041-7
- Release Date: 15/01/2019
Pediatric Traumatic Brain Injury: Proactive Intervention, Third Edition presents a unique philosophy for assessing and treating children and adolescents with traumatic brain injury.
The text is written for the many service providers and families who support children or adolescents with TBI. The road to recovery after an injury or illness can be challenging and complicated. The authors' proactive approach encourages strong collaborative partnerships that encourage family, healthcare, and education providers to join forces in order to acquire the insights, knowledge, and tools needed to identify problems and implement personalized solutions. Readers will gain valuable resources and information about extending services beyond the walls of hospital and school settings. The authors stress the importance of focusing on cognitive-communication skills and supporting reintegration and functional success in home, school, community and work situations.
The authors build readers' understanding of the causes, characteristics, and impact of pediatric TBI. Functional assessment and treatment approaches are recommended to facilitate positive reintegration experiences. The text illustrates the challenges students face when confronted with demands and expectations in social and academic situations. Educators and healthcare providers will recognize the value of interprofessional collaboration and be motivated to employ problem solving approaches.
- Provides practical resources, forms, and handouts that can be personalized and shared with families and colleagues
- Presents a framework for developing Individualized Transition and Individual Family Service Plans
- Recommends topics for professional development
- Includes information on returning to learning following concussion