Phonological Awareness and Reading Profile-Intermediate
Wanda Salter and Carolyn Robertson
· Ages: 8-14 years
· Grades: 3-9
· Testing Time: 20-35 minutes
Find out why your students past 2nd grade, struggle with reading with this criterion referenced profile.
Examine specific skill areas in phonological awareness, phonics, naming speed, and reading fluency. The wide range of tasks and the analysis charts give a clear picture of how to plan your remediation program. Give the test as a pre- and post-measure to track student progress throughout the school year. The profile serves to complement other comprehensive measures of reading ability.
Based on solid research and the literature review by the National Reading Panel, this test was designed to help identify several areas in which a struggling reader may experience difficulty. Phonological awareness is an indicator of how readily students will acquire early reading skills. Knowledge of phonics positively affects reading comprehension. Studies show a correlation between rapid naming speech and reading ability. Reading fluency is critical to reading comprehension.
· Phonological Awareness - Students blend phonemes, isolate phonemes in words, segment syllables and phonemes, substitute and delete sounds and syllables, and manipulate sounds.
· Decoding - Students show knowledge of sound/symbol relationships (consonants, vowels, prefixes, suffixes, syllables, and others).
· Spelling - Students show knowledge of spelling rules and patterns.
· Fluency - Students name letters quickly and orally read a paragraph.
COMPLETE PHONOLOGICAL AWARENESS & READING PROFILE-INTERMEDIATE KIT INCLUDES: Examiner’s Manual, 6 Cubes, 15 Profile Forms