Pictorial Test of Intelligence (PTI-2)
Joseph L. French
· Ages: 3-0 through 8-11 years
· Testing Time: 15 to 30 minutes
· Administration: Individual
The PTI-2 is a revision of the Pictorial Test of Intelligence (French, 1964) and is an objectively scored, individually administered test of general intelligence for both normal and disabled children ages 3-0 through 8-11 years. Administration time ranges from 15 to 30 minutes. Administer three subtests and combine the scores to get the Pictorial Intelligence Quotient, a global index of performance to provide a multidimensional measure of g.
The subtests areas follows:
· Verbal Abstractions – requires the examinee to identify pictures that (a) represent the meaning of a spoken word, (b) represent the meaning of a spoken definition of a word, and (c) that are different in form or function from a set of pictures.
· Form Discrimination – requires the examinee to match forms, differentiate between similar shapes, identify unfinished pictures, find embedded shapes, and reason about abstract shapes and patterns.
· Quantitative Concepts – samples an examinee's recognition of size, comprehension of number symbols, ability to count, and ability to solve simple arithmetic problems.
Standardised on 972 persons from 17 U.S. states, the data are representative of the current population of the U.S as reported in the Statistical Abstract of the United States (U.S. Bureau of the Census, 1997) for the entire school-age population. The PTI-2 provides three types of scores: percentiles, standard scores, and age equivalents.
The PTI-2 will be especially helpful when used with children who have difficulty with fine motor skills or a speechlanguage problem. The test has been normed so that it can be used with children with cortical disorders or other conditions affecting speech or motor coordination. Respondents do not need to use expressive language, but they do need near normal vision and hearing. None of the items are timed.
COMPLETE PTI–2 KIT INCLUDES: Examiner's Manual, Picture Book, Profile/Examiner Record Booklets, all in a sturdy storage box. (2001)
9375...PTI-2 Complete Kit
9376...PTI-2 Examiner’s Manual
9377...PTI-2 Picture Book
9378...PTI-2 Profile/Examiner Record Booklets (25)