This second edition of The Syntax Handbook provides an updated reader-friendly review of the most frequently encountered syntactic terms that language interventionists use. With eight chapters devoted to syntactic form and five to syntactic function, plus developmental data on children’s attainment of significant syntactic structures, this text is for professionals concerned with language development and disorders.
- Exercises (with answer keys) are provided to review key vocabulary and to practice applying the information from each chapter to your work as a language interventionist.
- A glossary and a number of helpful appendices are also included.
- This practical book simplifies syntax for the beginning university student, yet offers insight and quick reference to the seasoned professional.
This text is organized to consider both syntactic form and function. Chapters 1-8 focus on elements of form. Chapters 9-12 focus on elements of function. The newly added Chapter 13 provides an overview of complex syntax.
Each chapter of the Syntax Handbook provides:
- Description of key syntactic terms and structures pertinent to the chapter’s content
- “Developmental Notes” containing a brief description of children’s attainment of the syntactic structures targeted in the chapter
- Exercises to review the chapter’s vocabulary and tie the material covered to the process of syntactic analysis
- An answer key for selected chapter exercises
256 pages • 7 x 10 • softcover • ©2016